As a Church of England Primary School it is our aim that our school and every member of our school community feels valued and respected and that each person is treated fairly with a fully inclusive philosophy and a clear sense of belonging.
The staff, parents and governors of Swannington C of E Primary School believe that an inclusive and nurturing environment is necessary for children to flourish and for effective teaching and learning to take place. This inclusion is essential preparation for our children so they can make a positive contribution to life in the multi-cultural, multi-faceted world in which we live. We aim to provide an environment where all feel valued and free from discrimination, reflecting the world in all its rich diversity. We are committed to promoting the understanding of the principles and practices of equality - treating all those associated with our school as individuals, according to their needs, with an awareness of our diverse society and appreciating the value of difference.
Our Equality Statement (and related policies) supports the way in which all members of the school can live and work together - feeling welcomed, valued and nurtured with 5 main aims underpinned by our Christian school values:
- To create a positive learning environment where everyone can flourish
- To ensure a sense of belonging and positive relationships with others
- To nurture positive learning attitudes and enjoyment of learning
- To grow young people who care for and respect themselves and others
- To provide a positive culture of success for ALL where children forgive each other